Helpful
Replies

C9500-48Y4C not compatible with Dell L56SF018-SD-R Cable DAC-SFP-3M

MrSherpa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

Hoping anyone could answer this for me. 

Just trying to connect a dell server to the C9500-48Y4C switch. Cable used from server to switch is Dell L56SF018-SD-R Cable DAC-SFP-3M. Usually I check the compatibility on the  Optics Matric from CISCO; I could not find anything there. When it connect the cables to both the devices and after running sh int status on the switch I can see "err-disabled. "  ALso tried the following :

Enable unsupported SFPs globally: (Did not work)

configure terminal

service unsupported-transceiver

--------------------------------------------------------------

Logs indicate the following :

debug platform pm all

sh loggging

Output is  :  Jan 2 07:45:48.541 UTC: %TRANSCEIVER-6-INSERTED: C1/0: iomd: transceiver module inserted in TwentyFiveGigE1/0/35
*Jan 2 07:45:48.669 UTC: %TRANSCEIVER-3-NOT_SUPPORTED: C1/0: iomd: Detected for transceiver module in TwentyFiveGigE1/0/35, module disabled

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried FEC commands : (Did not work)

fec cl108 

------------------------------------------------------------------

From the logs I can see the output clearly says Not supported. However, is there another way to make the cable work ? Perhaps a workaround ? 

Version on switch : Version 17.9.3
Model Number : C9500-48Y4C

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Indeed , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Use a DAC cable from https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?npid=50
>....

SFP-H25G-CU1M 25 Gbps SFP28 1m Preterminated cable DAC N/A Cable 0 to 70C   IOS XE 16.8.1
SFP-H25G-CU2M 25 Gbps SFP28 2m Preterminated cable DAC N/A Cable 0 to 70C   IOS XE 16.8.1
SFP-H25G-CU3M 25 Gbps SFP28 3m Preterminated cable DAC N/A Cable 0 to 70C   IOS XE 16.8.1
SFP-H25G-CU5M 25 Gbps SFP28 5m Preterminated cable DAC N/A Cable 0 to 70C   IOS XE 16.8.1

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

So can we take this as conclusive proof that the Dell L56SF018-SD-R Cable DAC-SFP-3M is not compatible ?

- Indeed , 

M.

After buying new cables from the compatibility matrix; connection is restored. Cable used  SFP-H25G-CU3M. Thanks Marce1000.