Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Champion One 1000SFP10 Compatibility

Our service provider installed a Champion One 1000SFP10 in there equipment as the handoff for us to plug our fiber into. I am not able to find exactly what Ethernet standard the transceiver uses. When I look at the datasheet it simply states a wavelength of 1310 and 10km Long Haul SFP in the description. They say all over there website that the transceivers are universally compatibility but I assume that just means that you can plug them into a variety equipment. 

Does anybody have any experience with these transceivers and compatibility? Are they somehow able to adapt to different standards? Would a 1000Base-LX/LH SFP on my Cisco equipment be able to communicate to the Champion One 1000SFP10 on the service provider side?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1000Base-LX/LH SFP  - this should work on the Cisco end. (since the provider side may have different equipment)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/gigabit-ethernet-gbic-sfp-modules/datasheet-c78-366584.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the feedback. I just find it odd that the Champion transceiver does not list an ethernet standard anywhere that I can fine. 

I was hoping that somebody may be able have run into this with a service provider and would be able to share what they used to connect to it. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card