Views
Helpful
Replies

Change threshold tx power NCS2K-OPT-EDFA-35

EleanorWyatt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We have some NCS-2006 chassis which we are using as non-DWDM Longhaul with the NCS2K-OPT-EDFA-35 card.

We want to create a alarm when the transmit power is more then 21.3 dBm on the tx of line 2.

I was looking at the "Power Degrade High (dBm)", but i can not change this.

It is automaticly set from the "Output Power Set-Point" but also this i can't change.

Does anyone has a idea how to set this?

We are running 11.0.0 software release.

Kind regards,

2 Replies 2

Hello!

It is not possible to change the threshold of this card, as it is fixed by the developer team from the Business Unit (BU). This card is designed to work as an EDFA (Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifier) in spans with a maximum total loss of 35dB. For this reason, there is a datasheet available for this card, which customers can refer to in order to understand how to work with this hardware.

Kind Regards!

Hello!

It is not possible to change the threshold of this card, as it is fixed by the developer team from the Business Unit (BU). This card is designed to work as an EDFA (Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifier) in spans with a maximum total loss of 35dB. For this reason, there is a datasheet available for this card, which customers can refer to in order to understand how to work with this hardware.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card