Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst C9500X-60L4D Fiber

vondoom2
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I am currently looking to purchase a Cisco Catalyst C9500X-60L4D switch for work purposes, but I have two questions I wonder if someone may be able to help with:

1.) Has anyone used Cisco compatible QSFP fiber transceivers (40/100/200/400) with this switch? If so, did you experience any issues with the transceiver(s) working or being seen?

2.) Has anyone used a device (i.e. a server, PC, etc) with QSFP56 transceiver(s) and been able to communicate with this switch using  QSFP-100G-FR-S (QSFP-DD 400G single mode fiber)?  The transmission mediums can be different, I just want to sure that something using QSFP56 would communicate alright with the QSFP-DD on the switch.  Theoretically I am assuming that these two should be able to communicate, however, I just want to be sure definitively before purchase.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For a compatible SFP list checkout : https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?npid=5721

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I have this list, but what I am trying to discern is that will the Cisco Compatible transceivers work just as well, without conflict, as if I were to purchase Cisco Genuine transceivers.  If there would be no difference using Cisco Genuine vs Compatible transceivers, with the exception of price, then I am happy to report back to my superiors and we can look into getting what we need.

Thank you