cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ONS 15454 SONET MSPP

nmariano23
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing a school research project in which I am setting up an OC-192 ring for a company (contract work through AT&T). I have chosen to use the Cisco ONS 15454 SONET MSPP as my platform. The company currently has locations in Chicago and Philadelphia and connects them through an OC-12C ATM connection and they are looking to add 2 gigabit ethernet connections.

My question is what cards and parts will I need for the Cisco ONS 15454 SONET MSPP, and how much will everything cost? I have been searching the internet for components and prices and I have found it extremely difficult to find any information. Any help or tips anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

scnoyes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nick,

You can find the HW specifications for various ethernet cards for the 15454 at the following location.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_1/15454/sdh/reference/guide/454e91_ethernetcards.htmlhttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_1/15454/sdh/reference/guide/454e91_refer.html

To make sense of it all, you need to contact a Cisco sales/account represetative to help you analyze your needs, design your network and put together a price list for the appropriate cards.

If you are interested, I can get someone from the sales/account team to contact you.   Please contact me directly with your contact information and geographic location so I can find the appropriate sales/account to help you.  Please do not post your personal information directly to the forum.

scnoyes@cisco.com

-Steve Noyes

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nick,

As was previously stated, a Cisco Representative or VAR will help you sort out the Ethernet and line side design possibilities.

As starting point, the following is a node configuration that will provide a protected, point-to-point GE circuit (2 GEs - 1GE thru two line cards) across an OC-192 network.  The OC-192 line side transceiver optics type and GE transceiver type will need to be selected based upon your network design.

There are quite a few options, including placing the GEs over a wavelength.

Good luck!

Tom