ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.

Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

apologies if this is a 'noddy' question but I really need a quick answer..The short version of the story is, we have 2 sites, we have added a 2nd fiber link between these, this has now been upgraded to 10gb  (BT line).This 10gb line is terminated on ...

mdemarais by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 2 15530 dwdm chassis connected between 2 data centers via dark fiber and their almost at end of support. Our implementation is very simple with only 2 desparate paths carrying 8GB of FC and Ethernet. I have an basic understanding of DWDM but ...

us10610 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! STS-1 ?

I'm hoping to get some clarification--and either the answer is obvious or I'm missing something. Currently we have a handful of 15327s in a ring, running USPR with about 40 T-1 circuits handling strictly voice traffic. It's entirely OC-12 with the ex...