cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS 6140XP unsupported-transceiver error

Plokko
Level 1
Level 1

I bought some FET-10G transceiver modules to connect a Cisco UCS 6140XP (single master switch) to Cisco Nexus 2248TP fabric extenders but i can't make them work.

As per documentation the transceivers should work as "It is supported on fabric links from a Nexus 2000 to a Cisco parent switch only" but from the Cisco UCS manager (v2.5, latest) i get an "unsupported-transceiver" error when i try to set them as uplinks (or anything else)

The master switch is connected to the extender via a 1 meter OM3 fiber with FET-10G transceiver at both ends as a test bed, i tried serveral ports with the same result.

IMG_20200921_120006.jpg

Please can someone explain me why it's giving me this error and, if the transceiver are incompatible, what should i buy?

Thanks in advance to anyone that tries to help.

XML export of the error:

<faultInst ack="no" cause="unsupported-transceiver" changeSet="" childAction="deleteNonPresent" code="F0713" created="2020-09-10T14:31:38.964" descr="ether port 1/1 on fabric interconnect A role : network transceiver type:fet" dn="sys/switch-A/slot-1/switch-ether/port-1/fault-F0713" highestSeverity="major" id="468276" lastTransition="2020-09-10T14:35:11.908" lc="" occur="3" origSeverity="major" prevSeverity="major" rule="port-pio-invalid-sfp" severity="major" tags="network,server" type="network"/>

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First place start with is the SFP module compatable matrix ? with your UCS ?

https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Could you explain a bit better please?

From the provided link i see the nexus C2248TP is shown as compatible;
i already found it listed as compatible here and here but it's not well explained if the FET-10G has to be placed on both ends or only on the fabric extender part or what transceiver has to be placed on the other end.

Please help me guide throght the documentation as i did read everything i could find but i still cannot find a solution.

EDIT:

FET-10G seems listed as supported in the UCS 6100 documentation

FET-10G working with FEX since that is used commonly, i am more concern about UCS side ? (personally your model did not find in the list) or i missed something here ?

if FET not compatable, you need to use 10G-SR SFP other option.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help