cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to older 15454 (7.2.0) with Win 10

Rob Sciarrino
Level 1
Level 1

We have an old 15454 running 7.2.0 that is accessible only from an older Windows XP laptop running Java 1.4.2.  Is there any way we can connect to this unit using a Windows 10 machine?   I'm not having any luck

Unfortunately, we won't be able to upgrade the 15454 since we are migrating away from it. 

Thanks

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

-      What device (old 15454 ) are you talking about  and or provide full model info's (?)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

It's a Cisco ONS 15454 (formerly Cerent) SONET transport 

In a former job we had several ONS 15454 and 15600 deployments running different software releases that came to us via merger and acquisition. Each required a very specific Java. We kept around a couple of jump servers running older Windows and Java combinations just for this reason.

We are in the same boat here.  Java 1.4.2 won't install on Windows 10, so I'm keeping this XP machine around, but it's on its last legs.  

Rob Sciarrino
Level 1
Level 1

It's a Cisco ONS 15454 (formerly Cerent) SONET transport 

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/optical-networking/ons-15454-sonet-multiservice-provisioning-platform-mspp/63284-jre.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card