cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTC TCP/UDP Ports numbers

chris-hart
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know the TCP/UDP Port numbers that have to be opened up when using NAT, this is what I have:

CTC PC >>>>>>>>>>> ROUTER >>>>>>>>>>>ONS15454

The CTC PC and the ONS are on different IP Networks so I'm the router to translate from one to the other with NAT, configured the ONS15454 to use Socks.

I used to have a document that explained this but I've lost it.

THanks

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mayfwh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris.

I see you already have provisioned the node for SOCKS Proxy.  If you want to be able to still have IP connectivity (for ping or telnet) to the ENE's, then enable the SOCKS Proxy Only option.  The SOCKS Proxy needs to be provisioned on the LAN connected 15454 at the very least.  You can also go to the CTC drop down menu:  Edit -> Preferences -> Firewall and change the port from being variable to static default.  That will further restrict the ports that are used by CTC.  This should resolve any intermittent connectivity issues in CTC if it is being caused by a firewall.

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_1/15454/sonet/reference/guide/454a91_nwconnectivity.html#wp42216

"If  you launch CTC against a node through a Network Address Translation  (NAT) or Port Address Translation (PAT) router and that node does not  have proxy enabled, your CTC session starts and initially appears to be  fine. However, CTC never receives alarm updates and disconnects and  reconnects every two minutes. If the proxy is accidentally disabled, it  is still possible to enable the proxy during a reconnect cycle and  recover your ability to manage the node, even through a NAT/PAT  firewall."

Lastly, to answer your question directly below is a link to the list:

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_1/15454/sonet/reference/guide/454a91_nwconnectivity.html#wp59962

Table 14-6 Ports Used by the TCC2/TCC2P

Thanks,

Will

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mayfwh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris.

I see you already have provisioned the node for SOCKS Proxy.  If you want to be able to still have IP connectivity (for ping or telnet) to the ENE's, then enable the SOCKS Proxy Only option.  The SOCKS Proxy needs to be provisioned on the LAN connected 15454 at the very least.  You can also go to the CTC drop down menu:  Edit -> Preferences -> Firewall and change the port from being variable to static default.  That will further restrict the ports that are used by CTC.  This should resolve any intermittent connectivity issues in CTC if it is being caused by a firewall.

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_1/15454/sonet/reference/guide/454a91_nwconnectivity.html#wp42216

"If  you launch CTC against a node through a Network Address Translation  (NAT) or Port Address Translation (PAT) router and that node does not  have proxy enabled, your CTC session starts and initially appears to be  fine. However, CTC never receives alarm updates and disconnects and  reconnects every two minutes. If the proxy is accidentally disabled, it  is still possible to enable the proxy during a reconnect cycle and  recover your ability to manage the node, even through a NAT/PAT  firewall."

Lastly, to answer your question directly below is a link to the list:

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_1/15454/sonet/reference/guide/454a91_nwconnectivity.html#wp59962

Table 14-6 Ports Used by the TCC2/TCC2P

Thanks,

Will

Thanks Will, thats the document I lost before, just trying to set up a small 2 Node lab with some spare kit 32 WSS, 32DMX etc but I don't want all the Catalyst Switches etc I'm using for the multishelf config to be visible from the network.

Just an update for anyone interested, I configured the shelf connected to the router as proxy-socks then opened up the following TCP ports:

80, 443 and 1080.

This is the config on the router:

ip nat inside source route-map nat_map interface FastEthernet0/0 overload

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.235.60 80 10.202.53.150 80 extendable

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.235.60 443 10.202.53.150 443 extendable

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.235.60 1080 10.202.53.150 1080 extendable

!

access-list 100 permit ip 192.168.235.0 0.0.0.255 any

route-map nat_map permit 10

match ip address 100

It works fine :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: