cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DWDM: ONS 15454 MSTP M6 TNCE and TSCE

galtarelli
Level 1
Level 1

In a ONS 15454 MSTP M6 chassy (DWDM) both Transport Node Controller (TNC) and Transport Shelf Controller (TSC) cards can be installed in slot 1and 8 to perform system initialization, provisioning, alarm reporting, maintenance and diagnostics.

Can someboby clarify the following:

1) What is the difference between a TNCE and TSCE Card? (The only difference I found is that TNCE can be configured with one or two SFP ports to provide the OSC termination while TSCE not. Are there other differences? )

2) Is it possible to intall in the same 15454 M6 chassy one TNCE and one TSCE card?

3) Are there any circumstance under which is mandatory to install the TNCE card?

4) Is there any suggested cisco documentation or book explaining it in details?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Thomas Newlands
Level 1
Level 1

You can use an Mutiple M6 chassis in one node in a Multi Shelf configuration the TNC cards are designed to go in the the Primary or 1st node and you can use the TSC cards in the other nodes and connect them together using the MSM ports on the ECU cards.

Yes your are correct regarding the OSC ports are not enabled on the TSC cards. The TSC cards are a lower cost then the TNC cards as they are only for use with a subtended shelf.

2) Is it possible to intall in the same 15454 M6 chassis one TNCE and one TSCE card?

I dont believe so however you can install just a single TNCE card in a chassis if you don't require redundancy

3) Are there any circumstance under which is mandatory to install the TNCE card?

I believe a TNCE card is required for any node in a standalone configuration or in a Multi Shelf configuration.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card