Views
Helpful
Replies

high latency on a p2p circuit between two CE-1000-4 cards

belpo1370
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm doing some tests in a lab environment; I have two ons15454 with CE-1000-4, STM64-LH 1558.17, tccp2, xc-vxc-10g.

I created one rss-dcc between the two NE, everything is up.

I created one p2p vc4-4c circuit beteween the two CE cards and it seems ok, then i connected two switches, one to the first ons and the other to the second ons and started pinging.

The responses time are too high, average is 2 second and maximum is 10 second.

I checked and changed every piece of hardware, staring from the fibers and ending to the cards (the only one thing i did not change is the etsi chassis)and

nothing changed.

In the same NEs i have ML-1000-2 cards, i created another vc4-4c, configured rpr and then started pinging: the results are good (average time is 1 ms).

What did i do wrong with the CE cards?

May anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Stefano B.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I have a similar problem. my ping has a big delay every 9 or 10th one. I don't know how your reference URL will help. The CE 1000-4 is running on the Cisco 15454 Sonet ADM.

david.h.ho
Level 1
Level 1

Stefano,

did you resolve your high response time on pings with the CE-1000-4 cards? I have similar problem with my CE-1000-4 cards except that my pings will go thru normall 9 out of 10 times. The tenth one will take over 1 sec to complete.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card