Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

HiIs there any card available in cisco 15454 that can groom at DS0 level..basically i have channelized E1 circuit and i want to groom data channels(timeslots) to one device and voice channels(TDM timeslots) to other...both are in same E1, is there an...

nitin7181 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I use OTU2-XP with ONS-XC-10G-55,7 and 56,5. When I provisioned it for STM64, everything was OK but when I changed it to 10GE, alarm HI-TxPower has appeared and I do not know how to fix it because all values are within the thresholds.Thanks

While installing an ONS 15454 today, we encountered a power issue that blew our 30amp fuse in the dc Telect panel. After replacing the fuse (and also found defect red power cable from fuse panel to ONS), power was re-applied. After logging into the...

techuser1 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to verify what wavelength our Cisco cards operate at. The cards in question are WS-X4148-FX-MT cards that we have in our Catalyst 4006 switch. I imagine they operate at a wavelength of 1300 nm (vice 850) but I need to verify so I can det...

frank_nye by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card