Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Link Fail Alarm - SFP Ports

Hello,

I have been trying to configure the Link Fail Alarm on SFP ports for a Cisco CGS2520 (Cisco CGS-2520-16S-8PC).

SFP: GLC-FE-100FX-RGD (10-2360-02).

I can create a new Alarm Profile and attach it to the Ports that I want to monitor. The update Profile can then be saved to the startup-config and the configuration can be viewed as being correct.

If I then pull a fibre cable the Alarm is generated as expected.

However when I reboot the Switch the Alarm Profile is still within the configuration but it is no longer attached to the ports (i.e. the Alarm Profile configuration is shown on the startup-config however the running-config does not contain the alarm profile on the SFP port). Therefore when the Fibre Cable is removed no alarm is generated.

I have run through the procedure as defined in Chapter 7 of the Cisco CGS2520 Configuration Guide and as stated above copied the running-config to the startup-config.

Is anyone able to advise why the port attachment is lost when the switch is restarted – the Alarm Profile is retained.

Thank you,

Darsh

2 Replies 2

steven.mouncey1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, did you solve this issue I am having the same problem.

Hi,

It was a known bug with the CGS2520 and firmware.  Sorry I don't remember the Bug ID.  Maybe you can check with the local Cisco support team?

Thanks,

Darsh