cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring incoming traffic on CTC

ebeattie1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a facility on CTC which could be used to monitor incoming traffic i.e.howcan we see a loop (soft or hard) applied externally. To my knowledge, I don't believe that SDH has this level of intelligence since it only recognises 1s and 0s rather than, say MAC address.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not generically. For POS interfaces there is the J1 path trace (http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/127/POS/path_trace_byte.html). Generally speaking though, you need to use an external test set.

Thanks again for the response. What I wanted to know was if a link is up and working ok, then obviously the ports at either end are Green- Port In Service - No Alarms.

If I asked a 3rd party tail provider to loop back either their router or PABX how would I see the loop, i.e. would my port on the A-End device change colour and if so what colour would it change to.

I cannot believe that CTC doesn't have this functionality, otherwise no person would ever buy Cisco SDH

Sorry but I'm pretty sure CTC doesn't do this - nor does CTM. The Cisco SONET/SDH products transport and multiplex signals. They don't perform test set functionality.