Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS2K-400G-XP Failed to create ODU's Protection Circuit in OTNXC

josepetit
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I have a problem with the creation of the ODU protection circuit in the OTNXC mode of the NCS2K-400G-XP card. It allows me to make the circuit without protection, a 200G OTN ring is being used. Have a EID-2192 Cannot find a valid route for the circuit creation request. A QSFP+ is used on port 3 with services on ports 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 with an MPO cable, the 3-4 Port can't be used in addition of a new 10G service.

Tests were carried out with another QSFP+ in port 1, thus allowing the use of the 4 ports 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 with an Secondary MPO Cable. However, I want to configure 4x10G only on one port to be able to use the 200G bandwidth.

Thank you for your attention, I hope you can help me in this regard.

Jose Petit

2 Replies 2

josepetit
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing issues with the creation of the ODU protection circuit in the OTNXC mode of the NCS2K-400G-XP card. It allows me to create a circuit without protection without any issue. However, every time we try to setup a protection we receive the following error notification (EID-2192) specifically port 3-4, which is why we require your support in setting up a protection for this route. A QSFP+ is used on port 3 with services on ports 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 with an MPO cable, the 3-4 Port can't be used in addition of a new 10G service.

Tests were carried out with others QSFP+ in port 1 and 7, thus allowing the use of the 4 ports for every single port with an Secondary MPO Cable successfully. Except for ports 2-3, 2-4 for Port 2 and 3-4 for Port 3.  

Thank you in advance, looking forward to hear back from you soon.

Carl Lindahl
Level 1
Level 1

In CTC, goto the card in question.

- Click provisioning, then card down below. you will see it configured for OTNXC. High light the configuration, and click ODU Utilization -- please share the results. You may be running into a limitation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: