Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with link from 3750X to clients using GLC-GE-100FX

Hello everyone.

I have a problem linking to my pc clients from my 3750X.

We have just changed the old Infrastructure from 3750 switches to 3750X switches, recabling the old MTRJ to LC an using the same networkadapters as before.

After the change i have noticed that some times the pcs stops being able to forward traffic to the switch. If I look at the switch i see no traffic, and no mac address.

If I unplug the PC from the port the link doesn't go Down, but keeps saying up/up. In one instance i saw the port reporting haf-duplex even though it is set to full duplex.

if I shut the port and open it Again the port goes to Down/Down.

Anyone got any ideas?

Kind regards

Rasmus

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I don't see that as a supported sfp on the X series for 37s  , that could be your issue

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/GE_Tx_Matrix.html

View solution in original post

Oh I don't know about that I have only ever seen the public one I posted which does change its date regularly when updated  , they probably have revisions available just in case but im not sure if there public or how you would get a hold of them sorry

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I don't see that as a supported sfp on the X series for 37s  , that could be your issue

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/GE_Tx_Matrix.html

Hi Mark.

Thank you for your answer. You're right!!!. I Would Swear that they where on the list app. 6 month ago.

I have seen Cisco remove support for features in IOS releases before. Wonder if it could have been on the list previously...

Any way to see the old revisions of that document?

Oh I don't know about that I have only ever seen the public one I posted which does change its date regularly when updated  , they probably have revisions available just in case but im not sure if there public or how you would get a hold of them sorry

Cheers. I'll ask my SE at cisco.

Hi Again Mark.

According to my SE thats not the problem. In this case it is the Cisco DOC team that hasnt updated this matrix.

It is mentioned as supported by the 100Mbit matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/100MB_Tx_Matrix.html#_Toc473122776

So that is not the issue :-) And i am quite happy with that..  It would have been pretty expensive...

/Rasmus

ok then thanks for that doc didn't have link to that one :)

Did you move the effected pc to another port/asic does the issue follow ?

to check how the asics are broke down check on the switch with ----show platform pm platform-block

Then move it to another asic to rule out the hardware of switchport being at fault

also if its fibre try a copper connection see if the issue is the same it may rule out a faulty sfp , they do break now and again and go faulty

are you seeing any errors incrementing on the connected effected pc port ?

the fact your seeing no mac is strange as the PC nic broadcasts the mac and the switch port learns it in when the port is up and adds it to the cam table  , so either sfp/port or pc nic is at fault here then , need to rule each one out

Hi Mark.

I Will have to come back to you on that one once i have a faulty port. 

Next time i will try the suggested steps.

/Rasmus

Are you using the 3750X network module to connect the client or do you have the model with fiber in the base switch? Please share your model (from "show inventory").

Hi Marvin

Its a stack with TS and a PS switch. No modules.

I abbreviated it, and didn't send you all the SFP modules. Switch 2 has 24 of them.

/Rasmus

NAME: "1", DESCR: "WS-C3750X-24P"

PID: WS-C3750X-24P-L   , VID: V06  , SN: FDO1840P0EB

NAME: "Switch 1 - Power Supply 0", DESCR: "FRU Power Supply"

PID: C3KX-PWR-715WAC   , VID: V02D , SN: DCB1833A3N3

NAME: "2", DESCR: "WS-C3750X-24S"

PID: WS-C3750X-24S-S   , VID: V05  , SN: FDO1848P0U5

NAME: "Switch 2 - Power Supply 0", DESCR: "FRU Power Supply"

PID: C3KX-PWR-350WAC   , VID: V03L , SN: LIT18410KK9

NAME: "GigabitEthernet2/0/1", DESCR: "100BaseFX SFP"

PID: GLC-GE-100FX        , VID: V02  , SN: OPT18390963    

NAME: "GigabitEthernet2/0/2", DESCR: "100BaseFX SFP"