Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Hi,  I have connected seven (7) cisco IE-2000-8TC-G-E switches connected in ring topology. Upon connecting the fiber (single mode) LC type in SFP modules, I do not get any uplink light on the switch.  I have already changed the switch DHCP IP addres...

I had one of our 3 node^s in a ring topo undergo automatic system resets.According the troubleshooting guide an Automatic system reset occurs when you do an IP change or perform any other action that causes an automatic card-level reboot. The issue i...

Recently, we have ordered with p/n CISCO2901/K9 V06 and s/n FGL201420W1. Previously, we bought another team with the same p/n CISCO2901/K9 V02 and s/n FCZ1516931A. We need to know the different between the version V02 and V06. Thank you, Best regard...

agomez by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We are trying to use a non-cisco SFP with a Cisco switch WS-C3750X-48P. I have used the two command to make the switch support it but still we get the following errors: *Mar 1 03:11:55.726: %GBIC_SECURITY_CRYPT-4-VN_DATA_CRC_ERROR: GBIC in port ...

ad27singh by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I have a question. i was given a task to poll the RSL, transmitting and receiving power level of all fibers connected to a Cisco 3600x switch on the network monitoring system eg PRTG. To check the above parameters on the switch, i do use t...