Te1/1/3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Te1/1/4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
* GigabitEthernet2/0/1 0 0 0 0 2560000 748 94531000 11071 0
* GigabitEthernet2/0/2 0 0 0 0 1525000 188 45809000 5216 0

environment : 2 x C9200-24P (stacked)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Aladdin0z,

The reason you are not seeing all the interfaces, such as the TenG interfaces and the SFP slots, in the "show interface status" output is because the "show interface status" command on Cisco Catalyst switches typically only displays the status of GigabitEthernet interfaces.

The "show interface status" command provides a summary of the status of the interfaces on the switch. By default, it shows the GigabitEthernet interfaces, which are the regular copper-based Ethernet interfaces on most Cisco Catalyst switches.

Interfaces like TenG and SFP are specialized interfaces that have different capabilities, such as higher speeds or fiber optic connectivity, and they are not displayed in the output of the "show interface status" command.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

hello @Aladdin0z,

"show interface status" command shows the status of physical interfacesand their corresponding L2 operational status (up or down). It does not provide details on L3 interfaces, such as VLAN interfaces or routed interfaces.

Best regards

as for now its a layer 2 switch , i didnt enable the L3 capabilities , and all the interfaces are switchport 

Hi @Aladdin0z 

This happen when the access is done using some resource like DIGI, for example.

You can fix it by first running the command

terminal lenght 0

Hello Flavio , what do you mean by DIGI ressources ?

Just an example of a situation where the terminal lenght for the swithc can be changed. DIGI is just a console device but it does not need to be exactly DIGI.

As per your description, when you try to list the interface on the switch you get only part of the interfaces, right?

This happen because the terminal lenght was change to something smaller than the necessary to show all the interfaces in one screen.

By using the terminal lenght 0 command, you overcome this limitation.

sorry if my explanation wasn't clear , i can see all the interfaces in all the slots with # sh int summary

but when i use # sh int status , it shoes only slot 1/0/x 

so in the stack i see only 1/0/1-24 and 2/0/1-24 

and i was wandering whats the defrence between sh interface status and sh interface summary , 

M02@rt37  has mentioned that # sh int status showes only L2 interfaces but in my case all the interfaces are L2 

Yes, I really dont get you. You said why I dont see all the interface but now you are saying you see all the interfaces but it is different from show int status and show int summary?

But they are different commands therefore with different porpuse. What do you expect? There will be a lot of command and we use them based on what we want to see.

If you want to only list the interfaces on the switch you can use show interface summary, if you want to see the status you use show interface status, if you want to see the configuration you use show run interface X

Yes , i got you , but what i want to really understand is the following . 

why i dont see the TenG 1/1/x and the sfp slot Gig 1/1/x with the command  #sh int status .

Can you please share the following commands?

terminal lenght 0

show int status

show int summary

sh ip int br

Aladdin0z
Level 1
Level 1

you find attached the sho cmnds

I got your point now and I think I know what it is. Can you just share the switch model please?  the Exactly partnumber

@Aladdin0z,

The reason you are not seeing all the interfaces, such as the TenG interfaces and the SFP slots, in the "show interface status" output is because the "show interface status" command on Cisco Catalyst switches typically only displays the status of GigabitEthernet interfaces.

The "show interface status" command provides a summary of the status of the interfaces on the switch. By default, it shows the GigabitEthernet interfaces, which are the regular copper-based Ethernet interfaces on most Cisco Catalyst switches.

Interfaces like TenG and SFP are specialized interfaces that have different capabilities, such as higher speeds or fiber optic connectivity, and they are not displayed in the output of the "show interface status" command.

Best regards

Thanks M02@rt37  so this is a normal behaviour.

Yes @Aladdin0z !

It was the same things on WS-C3750X-48 for example!

Best regards