cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

show transceiver detail on QSFP-40G-SR4 is displaying "N/A"

fperezromero
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Nexus switch on which I have original Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-S transceivers. Some from Avago and others from Finisar.

The Finisars do not show information about the transmitted and received optical power when I do a "show int transceivers detail"

screenshot.jpg

With the Avagos on the same machine I don't have that problem.

What is described in this post is happening to me, which leads to bug CSCvp34433.

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvp34433 

Consulting the Bug Search Tool it indicates:

"Known Affected Releases (1 of 1)"

"Known Fixed Releases (0)"

I understand that since 2019 this bug has not been resolved?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Presumably the success of that command for none cisco SFP's can not be guaranteed , due to foreign hardware , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks, but as I indicated in my post, the transceivers I have are Cisco original.

Christopher Hart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

Can you show us the full output of the show interface Ethernet1/18 transceiver command while a Finisar QSFP is inserted in the interface? I am specifically looking for the hardware revision (V01, V02, V03, etc.) of the transceiver.

My suspicion is that this is a V01 transceiver, and that full DOM support (which is what would display current, transmit power, and receive power data in this command output) is not present until V02 or later of this specific model of transceiver.

Thank you!

-Christopher