cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are ONS TCC2P cards using TCP Port 1095 for?

krussell
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know what ONS nodes would be using TCP port 1095 for? The only documentation I can find on the ports and protocols used by TCC2P cards can be viewed through the following link. Look at Table 14-6. There is no mention of port 1095 being used.

Thanks,

Kevin

4 Replies 4

chris-hart
Level 1
Level 1

I put an analyser on the network I set up in the lab and I cannot see TCP Port 1095 being used for anything at all.

Do the TCP 1095 packets have a source or destination of the IP Address assigned to any of the TCC Cards, perhaps the TCP port is being used by some other devices on the same LAN segment.

Chris,

The packets are sent from the ONS nodes to the CTC client pc right after CTC is opened. After the node discovery is completed in CTC the ONS nodes stop sending the TCP 1095 packets. Seems to be part of the CTC node discovery process.

Thanks,

Kevin

I have tried again by logging in from scratch and I still don't get any at all, I'm running REL8.5 at the moment so it may be different in other releases.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: