cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will CTC Run under Windows 2003 Server?

vbrick
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to run CTC 5.0.2 on 15454s using jre 1.4.2 under Windows 2003 Server. The CTC Loader starts and all looks well but the login dialog never shows up. Anybody know wat is going on? Thanks!

5 Replies 5

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

It could be a couple things;

CTC only runs (and / or only runs well) on the specified version of JRE. It doesn't like anything older, it doesn't like anything newer ... the suggested version (1.3.something last time I looked - I don't remember off the top of my head).

CTC takes forever to initialize (in some cases on our Lab stuff, I'm talking minutes ... up to 5-7 MINUTES before anything comes up).

Start it and go have lunch, if it's not up when you get back, downrev your JRE and try again (then go home for the night, and see if it's up in the morning).

If it's still not up, then try it on Windows 2000 server (or a VMware / VirtualPC session on S2003).

If you're running it through something like a Citrix server, take a vacation for a few days ....

This is not one of Cisco's finest software endeavours.

Good Luck

Scott

sgordon27
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue. CTC seems to load but never opens a login window. Have you been able resolve this issue?

vbrick
Level 1
Level 1

Nope - we have not got this one resolved. From what I understand from other CTC users it will not run under Win 2003. I don't know of any future plans to get it working by Cisco.

I spent most of yesterday and part of today trying to get it to work on a VS 2003 Server. I could not get it to work in IE/Mozilla. It appears to be some kind of security policy that prevents access to the .jar file via IE.

I have configured access via command line on the server, but to my knowledge the .jar file is device specific so our engineers have to bounce from the device configured to any of the other ONS boxes.

Just as an update.. Cisco has told us they have no plans to ever support 2003.

However I found that if you use firefox and set the executable properties -> compatibility mode -> Windows2000 it works.

Thanks to JoshGH's post about Vista for giving me the idea to try on windows 2003 term server.