cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a 3rd Party Call manager (PABX) to a Cluster through an inter-cluster trunk

yamikani2g2
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

Please assist in any config examples where a third party PABX ( Call manager) is added to a Cisco CUCM cluster that has inter-cluster trunk that is non-gatekeeper controlled.

One site has a 3rd party call manager (PABX) we would like it to be able to call extensions in all other clusters in other branches.

Thanks in advance.

Yami

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by finding out what protocols common to CUCM and the 3rd party PBX to determine the options, H323, SIP, QSIG, etc.

If you have many, then you can choose which to use, if you only have one, then that's what you need to configure on CUCM to start testing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Common protocols that i see is only SIP it does not support H323. Question is how does Cisco form inter-cluster trunk do they use SIP?

I have SIP trunk to CUCM working with no issue. Issue is there are call managers in the cluster that my 3rd party can not call.

If you're trying to connect CUCMs on 8.6+ we recommend SIP trunks and not ICT.

If the 3rd party PBX can use SIP, then configure whatever is needed on that side to point to CUCM, and on CUCM configure a SIP trunk to the 3rd party PBX and start testing and fine tuning the config as needed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime

I have SIP working to one CUCM in the cluster i configured a SIP trunk it works like a charm question is should i make trunks to all the remaining sites. 

https://support.yeastar.com/hc/en-us/articles/218130557-How-to-Connect-Cisco-Unified-Call-Manager-to-MyPBX

The link above shows the integration  of the 3rd party to Cisco to one site it works. Unless you mean to say i do SIP trunks to all other sites in the cluster... whats your take sir?

Thanks in advance