cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA forward on busy

l.cabral
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone give me a tip about using the "forward on busy" feature on ATA with h.323? I tried dialing #74<number># but with no luck. I'm using firmware 3.1 for h.323 with a h.323 gatekeeper on the lab.

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Unfortunately, the supplementary service of call forwarding is not available to H323 terminals such as the H323 ATA and the gatekeeper is not capable of performing call forwarding on behalf of its registered H323 terminals.

Call fowarding is only achievable in the presence of call agents such as the Cisco CallManager or

SIP proxy server

Thanks for your answer ebreniz. I already found the way to use call forwarding with SIP and without a proxy server. Using a SIP image (I use 3.1) just dial #74# and that's it, when someone calls you and you're talking the ATA will redirect the call to . First, you must disable the CallWaiting feature setting PaidFeatures and CallFeatures to 0xffefffef.

I'm using four ATAs configured in pairs, so that one ATA is configured as the Proxy of the other in the pair. I also combined call forwarding with the hotline feature, so I don't have to dial anything to establish a conversation with the other party.

A usefull thing to connect the ATAs as PBX's lines!

Good luck,

cabral_leonardo [at] yahoo.com.ar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: