cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

automated attendant transfer to extension

dhust
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2.4.6 with dual integration & CCM 3.12c. The problem we're having is calls made into the switch to the auto attendant will not ring IP phones, it goes directly to the greeting. The unityports & the IP phones are in the same search space & are set to do a blind transfer to the extension.<br><br>

11 Replies 11

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

If Unity is not staying 'Please wait while I transfer your call' you have a configuration issue.

Do the subscribers have the setting 'No (send directly to subscriber's greeting)' or 'Yes, ring subscriber's extension:' under the transfer options?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Unity is saying, "Please wait while I transfer your call" & the mailbox is set to ring subscribers extension.

Not applicable

Do you have trunk access codes setup to go from the IP to the PBX and from the PBX back to the IP? Even if they are not necessary I seem to remember an issue where you needed something in there (i.e. a comma) or the TSP would no "bridge transfer" from calls on the PBX to users on the IP switch and vice versa. That may not be the case any longer but it's worth looking at.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

The comma insertion did not work. We made the change, stopped & re-started & the system would not answer any calls. We removed the comma & the system is answering again.

Not applicable

That's weird. The comma insertion into the TAC field should have no-effect on the system answering calls. The only piece of code that looks there is in transfers. It could be that there was something else that happened when the system was stopped and restarted to make it not answer calls. I am not sure if the SA prompts you to restart after changing the Switch Pages's Trunk Access Codes, but you shouldn't have to restart.

You can try putting a comma into that field again. If it is a configuration issue due to trunk access codes, some Unity component (probably MIU) should be griping in the event log. Take a look there if these transfers are still failing.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

The comma does work, the IP side of Unity can dial a pbx ext. and the call goes thru and rings the phone. The pbx side of Unity is attempting the call with the ","(comma) also. However, the "blind" transfer is not working across our T1 tie line. It recalls right back to the port that attempted the transfer. The pbx needs to wait 1.5 to 2 seconds before hanging up on the transfer. Any way to cause the Unity to pause 2 seconds after dialing the ext #?
Anywhere to modify the transfer sequence to wait, then hang up?
Thanks, Brad

Not applicable

Yeah sure, you betcha. Crack open your PBX switch file, and add this to the [Configuration] section...

OutgoingPostDialDelayMs=2000

That's two seconds. You could put in 1500, but we're going to round that up. This change will require a Unity re-start. If you need help locating the PBX switch file, let me know.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Steve, We can not find the switch file you're referring to. Any help would be appreciated.

Have found the nec008(4200 or later with analog ports) cfg file. The question is will this cause the Unity to wait before completing the transfer, have the digits already been dialed and would we hear ringback if we monitored the call?

Made the changes to the config file & reset. It didn't help. When dialing into the auto attendant on the NEC side & transfering to an IP extension, it now rings two times & plays the opening greeting. It won't transfer to the phone or play their greeting.

Not applicable

Are we sure that the lines Unity is using can even do the transfer?

What type of voice connectivity does the NEC side of the Unity integration have? Analog? If so, remove a line from one of the Dialogic ports and plug it into a single line phone. Call the extension number of the line that was plugged into the voice board and the phone should ring. Hook flash on the phone (to initiate a transfer) and dial the same sequence Unity is going to dial when transferring to the IP phone (add a trunk access code if Unity is trying to). Then hang up the single line phone. What happens?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems