Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL 6 - 401 Unauthorized Errors.

risiprekel
Level 1
Level 1

AXL 6 is buggy, that's a fact.

Be aware that when AXL returns a 401 unauthorized error, it doesnt necessarily mean your credentials are wrong - as evidenced by the fact that you can pass in one set of credentials, do a bunch of calls and when call manager feels like it, have some work and some return the 401.

Just an FYI from my own personal experience...

(e.g. I can start an app, have a call work, then the next call not work, returning a 401. Then without changing any code or my credentials, start the call process again and have it work. Note: This is NOT a throttling issue.)

5 Replies 5

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

I found the same issue in CUCM 5.1.3. So, after 401 I just repeat query.

Thanks for the response!

I have a developer case open with Cisco right now on this... we'll see!

Looks like something broke when they went to Linux...

All works in 4.x

Aren't you just hitting the same issue like you already had with the incorrect formatting?

I can do about 50 subsequent operations (that's my test suite for a provisioning software) on users, devices, devicepools and lines just fine without any hitch on my lab system.

Other than the bugs I found where the CCM doesn't do what it's supposed to, I have somewhere between one and two dozen of objects (with all the commands.. so one get, one add, one update, one delete per object) that all work just fine and I have never gotten a 401 when I provided the proper credentials.

But those problems are where you are doing the same query in a loop just for different values.

Negative man. I fixed the problem by repeating the call in a loop (I put a counter to kill it eventually) until it finally goes through AND CM IS ABLE TO SEND A RESPONSE. Its not formatting. The server catches my call and processes it (I can see it in the TRACE logs) it just fails on the return randomly providing a 401 or forced closed connection. This is a bug. The issue is communication from CM after the processing of the call to me. Cisco Developer services has it now.

As for you not getting these, good. I can only guess its the difference in our environment variables. Either way, thats not a user problem, thats a product development/and or requirements specification problem.