cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk subscriber change

robrhodes
Level 3
Level 3

Approximately 100 subscribers were added to a customer Unity 3.1(4) system with the first name and last name reversed in the .csv import file. The account alias was created correctly using the customer's format. Is it possible to use Bulk Edit to reverse the first and last name? The affected subscribers have already begun using the voicemail so a bulk delete and recreate would be disruptive.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no the current BulkEdit utility doesn't have a provision for swapping the first and last names at the moment. This would probably be more appropriate to a CSV style import tool that let you update standing users that matched the alias/Extension number or something along those lines. I'm not sure I'd want to add an option for switching first and last names to the production BulkEdit utility since that's a pretty unusual thing to need to do.

If you're in a pinch, I can kick out a custom script to do this for you... it wont go through QA cycles or the like (i.e. it's a "use at your own risk" kinda thing) so you'll want to test it out on a system or some select users first. If you're interested in doing this, ping me at "lindborg@cisco.com" and I'll see if I can hook you up.