cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler creation

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br>CCM 3.1.3a, TSP 3.0.1.32, Unity 3.0.2, E2k 6.0 (build 4417.6) SP2. I have created two call handlers to play custom greetings. After the tone is heard, I leave a message and hang up. After that, the subscriber's mailbox is still empty and the MWI hasn 't come up. This does not happen when I use the system source.<br>Subscriber's settings:<br>-Greetings: standard<br>-Source: blank<br>-After greeting: send caller to call handler<br>1st call handler's greetings:<br>-Greeting: standard<br>-Source: Recording<br>-After greeting: send caller to 2nd call handler<br>2nd call handler's greetings:<br>-Greeting: standard<br>-Source: Blank<br>-After greeting: take message<br><br><br>Panagiotis Liberopoulos<br>Intracom SA<br>Information & Open Systems dept.<br>+30 106674478<br>plib@intracom.gr<br>panagiotis_liberopoulos@hotmail.com

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

who is the recipient on the messages page of the 2nd call handler?

Also, why do you have the 1st call handler sending the call to the 2nd call handler which looks like all it does is take a message (i.e. plays no greeting). Why not just have the after greeting action of the first call handler take a message? Is this a daisy-chain transfer type scenario?

You might also want to try using the alternate greeting for these to make sure you're hitting the right greeting rules for each handler...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

My point is to create a completely custom greeting without the intervention of the predefined system greeting. By now, the only thing I could do with only the 1st greeting was: ""-"AvPHGreetENU016.wav"-"beep". In other words, I want to get around the AvPHGreetENU016 greeting.
Do you have any proposal how to do so?
Besides, how can I activate the Alternate meeting of a call handler?
Thanks

Panagiotis Liberopoulos
Intracom SA
Information & Open Systems dept.
+30 106674478
plib@intracom.gr
panagiotis_liberopoulos@hotmail.com

Not applicable

I'm not sure I get what you're doing... if you select the "blank" radio button (i.e. instead of system or recording) it'll play nothing for the greeting... it wont try and create the system greeting of "extension XXX is busy or does not answer..." thing.

You can activate the alternate greeting on the greetings page. There's a drop down that, on call handlers, has a list of 5 greetings (Standard, off hours, internal, busy, alternate). If you select the alterante greeting and select to enable it, this will over ride all other greetings and play all the time no matter what time of day it is or the origin of the caller. When trying to figure out call routing problems like this it's best to activate the alternate greeting and alternate transfer rules (same procedure with transfer rules... there are 3 and the Alternate over rides all others). This rules out any odd issues with different greeting/transfer rules firing on different call handlers based on their schedule or call origin.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I configured the call handler to "Alternate Greeting:status: enable" but this does not override the system's pre-recorded greeting. When I choose: source: system, the greeting is played from the predifined(AvPHGreetENU018+XXX+AvPHGreetENU019+AvPHGreetENU016). When I choose "blank", there is no greeting. But, when I choose "recording", the system plays both the recording and a pre-recorded greeting(AvPHGreetENU037). withou being transfered to another call handler. How can I get around it? Is there something I don't get?

Panagiotis Liberopoulos
Intracom SA
Information & Open Systems dept.
+30 106674478
plib@intracom.gr
panagiotis_liberopoulos@hotmail.com