cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call handler - invalid extension sends you to opening greeting.

shane
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 3.1.5. Whenever someone enters a invalid extension within unity call handler or voicemailbox it transfers you to the opening greeting. Is there a way to have that menu repeat itself or send the call to a specific call handler when an invalid extension is entered.

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Yes there is. What you want to do is enable the error greeting.

HKLM\Software\ActiveVoice\SystemParameters\1.0

DWORD: Show Error Greeting

0 is default, 1 will expose the error greeting on the SA.

The Error greeting is what dictates where callers are routed when an invalid entry is made while in a call handler or subscriber greeting. By default callers are played a prompt that says "I'm sorry, I did not hear that selection" and then are routed back to the opening greeting. Sometimes this is not desirable behavior so you can expose the error greeting and adjust it like any other greeting in the system.

NOTE: Only valid for Unity 3.0 or later

Hope that helps,

Keith

I do not see this key in the registry. Does this a key need to be added, and if so does it need to be all one string. i.e.. ShowErrorGreeting

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also, you can use the BulkEdit utility to change this behavior on the Error greeting Keith mentions for all users... it has a special provision in there for "loop back to self" that will change all handlers/subscribers you select to loop back to the active greeting instead of taking you to the opening greeting.

this seems to loop the call handler or user greeting infinitely. That sounds like that is what that option is suppose to do. That result is not desirable because I would like that call handler to terminate at some point.

Let me know if my assumption is correct.

Will the registry edit mentioned above cause the same or will it only effect the call when an invalid extension is pressed.

It'll only loop back if the user presses an invalid option - so if the user stays on the line whacking an invalid key over and over again, yes... it'll loop forever. But if they stop or hang up it'll terminate the call or take the after greeting action as normal. Not to worry...

That registry key will only expose the error greeting in the Unity SA interface so you can adjust what it does - it doesn't change any behavior.