cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Line ID in UK on ISDN circuits

sswift
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know if a 3640 running 12.2.2T IOS can add a leading zero to the incoming CLI number before it is passed to call manager.

BT drop all leading zero's on ISDN/2e / 30e and will not present them from the exchange, they say we have to configure our equipment to compensate for or assign the zero.

This is causing a few problems as the CLI numbers do not match the directory numbers, so incoming caller details are not matched to names.

4 Replies 4

rbewlay
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using CM then just use the transformation rules. The rule is based on the CALLED party but yuo modify the caller ID. I found that if the CLI is withhelpd/not available then you'll get "0" as the CLI.

Alternatively you can do it on the router matching the incoming CLIs but its messy and you do not seem to be able to do it in one shot. I found under 12.1(5)T that more than one rule sent the router into an internal loop. Define the translation rule and apply it to the dial-peer I thing is what I did..

Rory

Rory, thanks for your input. I dont fully understand what you mean. To clarify, incoming caller ID info for example mobile calling my DDI number (07740123456) would display on the 7960 IP phone as 7740123456.

So will the CALLED party transformation mask allow me to add the leading zero so the 7960 displays 07740123456.

Thanks again.

In short Yes. The Called party should be your DDI range. So assuming you have 6 digits presented by BT, say 712001, and typically you are using 4 digit extensions, you will probably be doing a translaton anyway from 71xxxx to xxxx. In this same translation just add the Prefix of 0 in the Calling Party entry. Reviewing this should help: http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.ee7214e

This link describes it, but the best source is the online guide. http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/sys_ad/3_1_2/ccmcfg/b03txpat.htm#xtocid172762

Rory,

Thanks again, this all makes sense now. Unfortunatly I am out of the office till monday, but will give it a try then.

Just out of curiosity, I would be interested in more information on your translation rules you tried on the router. I tried that with even less success than yourself!