cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Service Down (Upgrade from 4.x to 6.x)

gruiz
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded a call manager from 4.x to 6.x and the call manager service and the Cisco messaging interface service are not coming up. After it reboots or after I restart the services it goes down right away. I even upgrade to the last 6.x build and the service is still down. Let me know if there's anything I'm missing. License was successfully loaded.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

do you already have the feature license on the box??

if not, get in touch with licensing for that

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Not sure what the feature license is but I have both the CCM Node License Feature and the Phone License Feature authorized.

ok, those are other licenses. but you still need the feature license, open a TAC with licensing to get it

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

I just opened a TAC case. Is there any place to check if that license is installed or not? There is no reference to that feature license in the License unit report.

Thanks.

you need to open the license files to see if you got the right one, but by the problem description you probably don't as that license is the one that allows you to start the service.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You only need to use this service if you are using a third party voicemail service. If you are using Cisco Unity, you can disable this service completely. The Messaging interface is only used with different v-mail systems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: