cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can IP phone show called number when receive a call ?

zhanggd
Level 1
Level 1

Normally when a IP phone receives a call, the calling number is shown. But for a specific phone which belongs to a function group(hunt group,etc), when a call in, it is better the called number will be shown in the receiving phone, so the phone's owner know the coming call is a business call(with group number) or personal call(with specific phone number). How can I implement it? thanks a lot.

3 Replies 3

msaulters
Level 1
Level 1

Depending on how your inward dialing is working, you can probably use a translation pattern to get the job done. For example, with our system, we have a PRI which uses a CSS called 'DID' that accesses only one partition also called 'DID'. We create a translation pattern in partition 'DID' of 5551212 which uses a CSS that can access your phone, or in this case, hunt group. In the Calling Party Transformations section of the translation pattern settings, put 5551212 in the Calling Party Transform Mask. Now all calls made to 5551212 will show as coming FROM 5551212.

We use the same trick with a fax to email gateway so that it can route incoming faxes to different email addresses based on the number that was dialed.

The actual envoirnment is that,for sample,if a phone number is 3000, at the same time this phone belongs to a hunt group with 4000. when I call 3000, the phone rings, when I call 4000, the phone also can ring. I hope that when I call 3000, this phone LED show "3000", when I call 4000, this phone LED show "4000". This means called number is shown in receiving phone. Can this be done? Thanks.

Tell me a little more about your setup.

You said "when I call 4000..." and "when I call 3000". Where are you calling from?

Keep in mind that CSS and partitions are very important. In my example, callers were connecting from the PSTN. For a different example:

Your pilot point is 4000 in partition 'HUNTGROUP'

Your extension on the phone is 3000 in partition 'HUNTGROUP' Now set up a CSS called 'HG1' with only partition HUNTGROUP as a member. The phone you're calling from has extension 2000 in partition 'TEST' and uses CSS 'TESTCSS'. The 'TESTCSS' has the 'TEST' partition. Your line 2000 cannot call 3000 or 4000. Now create a translation pattern in partition 'TEST' but use the 'HG1' calling search space. The pattern will be '4000' it will translate to '4000'. This will allow your call from the TESTCSS to reach a DN in the HUNTGROUP partition. The final part of this TP is to set the calling party transform mask to '4000'.

Now, each time you call 4000 from the test phone, the CLID will be overwritten with 4000. Create a similar translation pattern for 3000, and you should see it works.