cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Capturing PRI links utilisation

kim-yin_tay
Level 1
Level 1

Our customer setup consist of CAT6509 backbone switches with E1 module which connects to PSTN. There are about 4 PRI links on CAT6 switch. In addition, there are 2 Call Manager servers, 1 publisher and 1 subscriber and there are about 200 IP phones.

The PRI links on the CAT6 switch are configured as MGCP gateways. Each PRI link consist of 30 channels.

We need to capture the instances where all the channels are being utilized. I can find out the no. of active channels on each E1 port by executing the command show port voice active during real time.

However, as it would not be possible to constantly monitor the port by executing this command, i wish to know if the Call Manager CDR will capture this information. I mean when the IP phone user makes a call to the PSTN, does the CDR capture the channel no. of the PRI link ?

Anybody has any recommendation to collect this all trunks busy information.

5 Replies 5

gary.shaw
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the Administration Serviceability Tool to realtime monitor your gateways.

Gary

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

I would open perfmon on the server and in there there are some cisco specfic attributes that you can capture and montor. one of them is gateway utilazation. set it up to pull the data for the gateway and then save it to a file.

this should give you what you need. it is not very fancy but it does not cost any thing either.

hope this helps

Scott

Hi,

I know that it is possible to do this with both Performance Monitor and AST. But how can I interpret the readings? I have just one ISDN PRI (23B+D) and the reports seem to suggest that I have more channels.

If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ade

Your description mentions e1 not t1. So you wont have 23b+d. You should see 30b+d. E1 has 31 channels.

Hi,

I live in North america not Europe. In North America, ISDN PRI is 23B + D. Besides, what the AST reports is far in excess of E1 capabilities.

Regards,

Ade