Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1.3 Disassociate device/dn from user via USERPREFSPHONES.ASP

noeparenteau
Level 1
Level 1

ENVIRONMENT: CCM 4.1(3).

NEED: To "dis-associate" a device/DN from a User, when device/DN count > 1,000. When I display all the devices/DNs currently "associated" to a User - I have to page, by page (64 of them) find the exact device/DN that I need to UN-check Radio Box to "dis-associate".

Possible Solution: Can I expand webpage size in USERPREFSPHONES.ASP for DEVICE ASSOCIATIONS from default of CHUNKLENGTH=20 to 1,000??? Then I could just use Browser's FIND to look for Device/DN I want to Dis-Associate", then UN-Check radio box...

Yours truly,

"Next Page" Guy

1 Reply 1

noeparenteau
Level 1
Level 1

Eureka...It works!

I changed the "userprefsphones.asp" code to reflect this change:

TO : var chunkLength = 2000;

as I have over 1200 devices associated with this particular USER.

The display takes a while (3 seconds in the original asp, versus 11 seconds in the modified asp) to complete, but it gives me all of the devices on one web page!

All I do now is "FIND XXXX", then check the radio box to "dis-associate" the device and Vola! Done...

PS - I have four Call Managers/7845's so I tested this on one of the Subscriber's asp file.

\\10.2.0.20\c$\CiscoWebs\Admin\userprefsphones.asp

Then in the Browser's address field, I pointed to that Subscriber's file location (see above).

Now all I have to do is wait for Mr./Ms. Cisco to find out what I did and shake his/her finger at me.

Mr. No-Page Next guy...