cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM'S on win2k domain

mmitchell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question. I have 2 ccm's servers 3.3 that are currently joined to the customers Active Directory. I would like to move them into a workgroup. Currently the customer is experiencing AD issues and the users are unable to log into the ccmuser web page since AD integration is turned on. If I decide to move the CCM's into a workgroup, what is the best way to do this? Also, when I do this will I have to rebuild the user accounts and their associations?

1 Reply 1

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a difference between integrating the CCM with AD to use as the directory and having the CCM servers in the Domain. For more on this please refer to the following chapter from the 4.0 SRND:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00802c37ae.html

To answer your question.....

Yu can uninstall the AD plugin and revert to using the built-in DC Directory. You may have to add users, etc to the DC Directory, just depends on what was configured previously. Once the AD is stable you can reinstall the AD Plugin and the user information that is in AD right now will stil be there, assuming that nothing is lost while fixing the AD.

Kevin