cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Unity from on-box to off-box.

spodonnell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer running Unity 3.1(3) on-box config.

They want to upgrade to 3.1(6).

I'd like to change the config of the box to an off-box model.

Is there any reason this can't happen?

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

You can do this. I would start by upgrading to 3.1(6). Next rerun Cisco Unity Message Store Configuration from the Add/Remove Programs in the control panel to point Unity 3.1(6) to the new Exchange partner server. After that move all the mailboxes to the new server Exchange server(s). Then uninstall Exchange from Add/Remove Programs by choosing Action -> Change and selecting to Remove Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services. That should do it.

Hope this helps...

Keith

Hey,

It worked! It took 3 1/2 hours but it worked. One of the cleanest Unity projects yet.

One dangling concern though.

I notice that the example administrator and subscriber are still left on the orginal Unity Exchange system. I've shutdown exchange on the Unity box and all is working but I think there is going to be trouble when Unity starts looking for the example admin account.

Is there a way to recreate it on the off-box Exchange system? The local exchange guru tried to move it but there doesn't seem to be an account assoiciated to it and therefore can't be moved.

?????