cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco distributor keeps sending wrong part

jhindmarsh
Level 1
Level 1

We are a Cisco Partner and buy all of our customer equipment through an authorized Cisco distributor.

WIth that said, we purchased Cisco 891 routers and ordered them with the 800-IL-PM-4 kit to add PoE.  The problem, is there there are 2 different options for the 800-IL-PM-4 kit, an 80W option and a 120W option.  The 80W option has 2 power pins and the 120W option has 4 pins.

We ordered 12 891 routers total and 4 of them came with the 2 pin power supply, and 8 of them came with the 4 pin power supply.  However, all of the routers only have a 2 pin power port.

We contacted our Cisco distributor, send back the wrong power supplies, and they resent the incorrect power supplies again.  Of course, return shipping was on our dime....

I am referencing this document, which does not give any indication of what a "new" and "old" router is other that the part numbers CISCO89X or C89X:

Q.

Can the PoE be upgraded after ordering?

A. Yes, you can upgrade the PoE on all models except the C892FSP-K9, which does not support PoE at all. For all Cisco 890 Routers, the product ID (PID) for the PoE upgrade is 800-IL-PM-4=. This PID comes with two power supply options: 80 or 125 watts. The older CISCO890 requires the 80-watt option, whereas the newer C890 requires the 125-watt option.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/800-series-routers/qa_c67-520756.html

So my question is, how do I get our disctributor to see the light and send us the correct power supply.  It is very confusing to have the same part number for the PoE option and be 2 different products?

Thanks

Jesse

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: