Helpful
Replies

Company Logo on Idle Phone- ANSWER

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

I am so tired of seeing this popup over and over- here are the directions

1. Convert your logo to a CIP image

2. Create a simple xml page containg the CIP image, using the CiscoIPPhoneImage XML object- like below-

3. Save the file as idle.asp or whatever you like. Put it on a webserver (can be CM) Create a url for it http://<ipaddress>/idle/idle.asp

4. Configure the idle url (from above) in enterprise parameters or at each individual phone

If you need info on the xml or cip images, download the ip service SDK here- (cco login required)

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/products.cgi?product=IP_PHONE_SERV

Or just buy the book Developing Cisco IP phone Services from ciscopress here-

http://www.ciscopress.com/catalog/product.asp?product_id={C44DC455-B95D-421D-BF88-16C4A61CC6C9}

(the book even comes with a call manager simulator for testing services on a real phone without CM)

Example-----

<%@ Language=JavaScript %>

<% "

var serverIP;

serverIP = Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR");

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.Buffer = true;

Response.Write("<CiscoIPPhoneImage>\r\n<LocationX>-1</LocationX>\r\n<LocationY>-1</LocationY>\r\n<Width>133</Width>\r\n<Height>64</Height>\r\n<Depth>2</Depth>\r\n<Data>CIP IMAGE DATA</Data>\r\n<Prompt>Cisco Corporate Logo</Prompt></CiscoIPPhoneImage>\r\n");

Response.Flush();

%>

23 Replies 23

fc
Level 1
Level 1

Greg -

Many thanks for your Oct 10, 2002 posting - the only real answer on the "Company Logo on IP Phone" thread that I've seen yet. As a non-developer, your link may be telling me why my attempts at following Cisco's instructions don't work. One thing I'm a bit confused about however -

What do the instructions you've carefully provided perform differently from the instructions Cisco posted at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2156/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800d6a6d.html#28551 in the Parameter section titled

logo_url

which is an Optional parameter and which it goes on to state.

"Location of the company logo file. This logo appears on the phone display. The background space allocated for the image is 90 x 56 pixels. Images that are larger than this will automatically be scaled down to 90 x 56 pixels. The recommended file size for the image is 5 to 15k. For example, use logo_url: "http://10.10.10.10/companylogo.bmp".

Note This parameter supports Windows 256 color bitmap format only. CMXML PhoneImage objects are not supported for this parameter. Using anything other than a Windows bitmap (.bmp) file can cause unpredictable results."

Is this a different "logo" on the phone, possibly the small name in the upper right corner of the screen when the phone is idle?

All the best,

F C Wood

fc@wood.org

832.521.9408 Vonage SIP Phone

713.203.9258 Personal Phone

garett182
Level 1
Level 1

I have read through all the messages dealing with this to see if I am missing anything, but I'm not. I created my cip, opened it in a text editor, copied the xml out to an asp file just like the example is. When the phone goes to the idle screen, no image appears, but my prompt and softkeys display correctly. I even tried copying the cisco logo out of the SDK just to see if it would display and still no image. Are there any kind of CallManager settings that keeps images from displaying or anything else that might be causing this?

My guess is you are using CCM 3.3.

The phone loads for CCM 3.3 have a bug that doesn't display the image unless it refreshes. I put in a redirect after 1 second to another filename, which is the same file as the first without the refresh.

This then shows the logo. This is only neccessary on 3.3 and above.

Paul

Paul,

Could you please explain how to put the "redirect" in ? Does this go in to the .asp file ?

Regards

Kelvin

Hello, i followed the instructions for conversions e.t.c. and the .asp file looks like:

<%@Language=JavaScript%>

<%"

var serverIP;

serverIP=Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR");

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.Buffer=true;

Response.Write("CiscoIPPhoneImage>\r\n-1\r\n-1\r\n68\r\n58\r\n2\r\n

\r\n

Cisco Corporate Logor\n");

Response.Flush();

%>

I put the idle url (.asp at CCMCIP directory) and 3 as the idle time at both the phone and at the Enterprise parameters.

Anybody for a clue?

Cheers

The question is that no logo appears (running 3.3(3))

Thanks

I had problems getting this to work running CM 3.3(2) - no logo displyed on 7940/7960 phones. This turned out to be caused by the phone load version. I was using P00303030202, so I upgraded to P00303030401 and now all works OK.

I have 3.3(3) with P00305000101 for 7960. The error message on 7960 shows:'error verifying config info'

Also in the network settings at the 7960 for the idle time says'0' although the call manager has been configured for '10' at the phone and at the enterprise parameters.

Any help

Thanks

where is this redirection point that somebody before has mentioned?

Thanks