cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference bridge not working

jvanick
Level 1
Level 1

I have a multi-site callmanager environment set up, and I'm having conferencing problems at the main site.

Here's my config.

I have a central callmanager cluster.

at each of my remote sites, I have a vg200 dspfarm for conferencing, so I'm not pulling g711 streams across my wan, or using g729 and having the conference calls suond bad.

at my host site, I have a vg200 dspfarm for transcoding and conferencing.

I have seperate media resource groups configured for each site that are configured on all the phones and gateways.

The wierd part is that conferencing works fine at the remote sites.

The "host" site is configured the same, but when I go to hit conference to bring the 2 parties together, all the calls drop.

I'm on Callmangager 3.3(3)sr3, 12.3.4T2 on the Vg200's (have also tried 12.2.15T8).

The conference bridges are showing up as registered.

Anybody have any ideas of what might be causing the problem?

1 Reply 1

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

It sounds like a transcoding problem. Does your host site have a hardware transcoder in the Media Resource Group for the Device Pool/IP phone? I would double check all your regions also. Definetly sounds like a codec mismatch problem. If you only setup the vg200 as a conference brige, CM will never try to invoke it's resources for transcoding.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: