Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS Message Archiving PostgreSQL syntax error

jsmckinlay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running a new installation CUPS 8.6.4 and I am trying to get the message archiving feature working, I have set up and external server (win2008x64) and am running the latest PostgreSQL 9.2

I've done all the settings on the CUP Server and it has made the connection to the database and created all the tables needed, all CUPS services have been restarted and are running.

On viewing the jm table there is no data in there, Wiresharking the DB show's a regular flow of data into the DB from the CUPS server.

Looking in the server status on PostgreSQL every time CUPS tries to write an entry there is a Error returned: syntax error at or near "<myloginname>" at character 378

The character value varies but it do this for every message.

I'm by no means a DBA, I just followed the setup guide from a book, I'm confident that CUPS is sending the data to the box so I'm sure it's something on the database.

Any help much appreciated.

Jon

1 Reply 1

jsmckinlay
Level 1
Level 1

Have managed to source my own answer to this.....

If using PostgreSQL version 9.1.1 and above you must set the following values in the postgresql.conf file:

escape_string_warning = off
standard_conforming_strings = off

These are in the file already but commented out with the default values, stop and start the database service for these changes to take effect

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: