cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Development using WSDL

sparklemotion
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble getting into any advanced programming using AXL. I know ASP and was able to write a script that can gather phone information from the CUCM, however I had to write the xml commands by hand and mostly guessed at the syntax of some of it. I want to use Java or .Net to get a more structured framework for development however there seems to be a large learning curve in order to just get the environment setup properly. In .net I was able to get as far as using wsdl.exe to format the wsdl included in axlsqltoolkit into a .vb file. In Java I was never able to get the axis2 plugin installed in eclipse. I have looked through the examples but they don't deal with getting the environment setup. Does anyone have either a .net or Java project file they could share, or just pointers on how to proceed?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Depending on which CCM version you have, you can download the axlsql toolkit from ccmadmin, and it comes with instructions on how to build the proxy classes for .net and java.

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

Im also trying to develop in ASP. I can get an ASP query to work on CCM 4.x but on 6.x its not working. Would you be willing to share your phone information ASP script with me?

I'm afraid I'm using Java exclusively for AXL.

Keep in mind though the changes for CCM6:

1) different URL

2) https (with a privately signed certificate which adds additional difficulty)

3) different syntax (refer to wsdl file in the axlsqltoolkit.. xmlspy can generate a bunch of html files for you so you have the entire documentation handy)

4) versioning (mentioned in the axl developer guide).. in order to use the latest changed to the DB you'll have to specify which axl version you're developing against. Requests will work without it, but ccm will assume you're developing against a lower version and will not return certain things and won't look at certain parameters you send it (e.g. the parkblf thingie added in ccm 6.1.x).