cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Displaying the Called Number as a string before answering

awatkins
Level 1
Level 1

I have CCM 4.1 setup and what I need to be able to do on a couple of phones is simply display a name for the line called (ie the DDI/DNIS) so that the user can answer the phone with the approprate response.

This is simple to do on CCME but I just can think of a means to get this on CM without resorting to popup push XML or similar.

Am I missing some obvious trick ?

3 Replies 3

ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand you correctly, you want to display the text "DDI" on the respective line. For this, on that line configuration page put the text in "line text label" field

Not really. Let me give a senario. I have a phone user who has a DDI and a hunt group. The hunt group is for IT support. Therefore before he answers his ringing extension he needs to know if the call is to his DDI or to the hunt group extension.

I dont really want to do it by assigning different line buttons, as this isnt scalable.

Also I have agents using IPCC with no agent PC interface that need to know the line ringing without going into IPCC Cdata page every time the phone rings (unless there is a simple way to automaticaly pop the cdata page)

rburkholder
Level 1
Level 1

Two features that might be of value here:

1) attach route points to the inbound numbers. Call forward all each route point to the phone

2) assign the two phones to a hunt list with broadcast routing. the call will show up with both phones indicating from which line it came