cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Distribution Lists

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

1.) If a subscriber receives a message sent to multiple distribution lists they are a member of, do they get the message once or for each list they are a member of?<br><br>2.) If a subscriber sends a message to a group, can they remove the name of someone in that group so they don't get that message?<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

>> If a subscriber receives a message sent to multiple distribution lists they are a member of, do they get the message once or for each list they are a member of?

Exchange automatically “flattens” the recipient list when it sends the message out. If you go to the desktop and address a message to any number of DLs that contain my name and include my name on the TO list and CC List directly etc… I only get one copy of that message regardless. Same deal with addressing over the phone.

>> If a subscriber sends a message to a group, can they remove the name of someone in that group so they don't get that message?

No. When you address a message it works just like it does at the desktop. The distribution list is what’s displayed in the TO line, it doesn’t break it out into it’s individual members. Same deal when addressing over the phone. If you ask to hear the list of folks that will get the message it’ll play the name of the distribution list, not the name of each member in that list.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice Corp
jlindborg@activevoice.com