Views
Helpful
Replies

DMP 4310G content display issue

pathyilbinu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are facing a issue with few DMP 4310G players. We have experienced that the content being played in the DMP freezes or hangs after a few days. But the DMP is reachable through network.After we reboot the DMP, the content starts working but the same thing happens after few days.

Can anyone please help on this?                

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We're running firmware 5.4 on the 4310G and we power off/on the DMPs on a daily basis and we have issues like this too.

Message was edited by: Leo Laohoo

marc
Level 1
Level 1

We have custom flash components that run for months without any issues on 5.2.3, 5.3.5 and 5.4

A few comments

Upgrade to 5.3.5 since it sounds like you are running DMM 5.3
What are you displaying on the DMPs? What type of content and how.
Enable TAC support on the DMPS so you can ssh into them
If they still hang up the ssh into it and run top and post results

Cheers
Marc
www.dynaplayer.com

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Marc,

The DMM version we are currently running is 5.2.2 and DMPs are 5.2.3. The contents playing are jpeg images, swf file, .mpg video.We play a combination of two playlists, one with images and a swf file playing will come in regular intervals to display information and the second playlist plays the mpg video. It also has a scroll going beneath which is being streamed from server and displayed as .aspx file.

Please be noted that these DMPs were upgraded to 5.2.3, I don't have details about the previous version.

scarriveau
Level 1
Level 1

One of the things that we've done with the 4310G's in our environment is that we lowered the video quality down to 720p from 1080i and and they are able to display the video in a continuous fashion.  We've had a lot of issues with our DMP's hanging up and we also had some issues with the software that was being used for the content managment piece.  Can I ask what that content managment piece that youre using is?