Views
Helpful
Replies

Dr. Watson Logs on the Cisco CallManager - ccm.exe service Crash

ranjanik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have two Cisco CallManagers running service pack 3.1(3a) with engineering special 22. For no apparent reason ( apparent to the end user) , ccm.exe restarted itself on the Subscriber first and then the Publisher. All th phones went blank for a minute or so and came back up. The EVentlogs reported ccm.exe crash and restart. I looked into Bugs that could do it and they pointed me to look for Dr. WAtson32.log. Suprisingly my Dr.Watson log on both the CAllManagers did not have any entry after 14 May 2002 , the actual date the system was upgraded from 3.1(2c) to 3.1(3A). But I do have the User.dmp Crash files.

Is there a reason Dr Watson would stop logging application exceptions , after the upgrade ?

Is there a tool that can convert user.dmp files to Dr.Watson logs?

I know there are tool available on the Microsoft site that can generate user.dmp files from the Dr Watson Log.

Thanks for all inputs...

Ranjani Krishnamurthy

2 Replies 2

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

Check to make sure Dr. Watson service is running now so you can capture this event should it happen again. If it just happened one time, perhaps it's nothing to be too concerned about but it still would be nice to have the crash log. You'll have to check with MS on the conversion utility as I've seen nothing searching the web briefly.

Thanks !!! Here is the strangest deal !!! I checked all the settings in the CallManager for the Dr. Watson, and the registry settings for it seem to be right . It still seems to be not genrating the Dr. WAtson.log .

Is there a service pack / bug with the OS that would do this?

Thanks,

Ranjani