cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange 2000

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

<br>If we install Unity on an Exchange 5.5 server in an existing Ex 5.5 organisation and that customer is planning to upgrade their Exchange 5.5 system to Exchange 2000 in the future. How much of the upgrade to Ex 2000 can be completed before Unity 2.5 is released ?<br>Chris Vain<br><br> <br><br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

I'm not really sure how to answer this one...

we don't support Unity running in any environment with Exchange 2000 at this point until the release of 2.5. I'm not sure how you'd do a "partial" upgrade in the mean time. Unless I'm not getting what your question is?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

I understand that we can't have Unity mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server prior to 2.5.

One common Exchange 2000 upgrade path in a multi-machine organization is to upgrade gateway & bridgehead machines first, followed later by message store machines. Are you absolutely saying no Exchange 2000 anywhere in the Exchange organization, or simply all Unity mailboxes must remain on 5.5 servers?

Bob Lovestedt
Avenue A

Not applicable

Yes... that's what I'm saying. No Exchange 2000 servers in the same space as Unity...

I know it's kind of harsh and people are constantly emailing me tryign to find little ways around this but the policy is firm and not negotiable. If you guys have Unity's Exchange 5.5 connected in any way with Exchange 2000 servers (even if all the users are homed on an Exchange 5.5 box) our support folks are not going to deal with your site. There's just too many things that can go wrong with the directory sync stuff and it blew up in several common scenarios in our labs and MS's labs.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)