cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expanding Call Manager 3.1 Cluster

sdrennan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who needs to expand an existing system which is running 3.1 CM and has several 3rd part apps and Unified messaging etc. They are now wanting to expand the system with more phones and need an additional server. The problem is that CM 3.1 is not orderable. I have been told by Cisco that they will allow me to use 3.1 although I order 3.3 .

However does anyone at Cisco know if there will be a version of CM 3.1 CD's which will support the newer build servers.

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

I would suggest you to upgrade the existing Call managers to 3.3 and order a new 3.3 for expansion. This would solve the problem. Or if you want to retain the existing callmanager to 3.1 you could as well do it as there should not be any compatibility issues if you would add a CM 3.3 to it.

Hope this helps.

Easy top say, Not so easy to do. All the customer wants is some more phones on an existing cluster. Unfortunatly they need to expand to an additional server. Upgrade will involve 3rd party apps and IPCC. It is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut!!!