Views
Helpful
Replies

how many open (listening) ports on IP telephone

cobusswart
Level 1
Level 1

Good day.

I need several open (listening) ports on a IP Telephone. These are RTPMRx and RTPRx ports. Is there a limitation on how many open (listening) ports a IP telephone (79XX) can support?

My regards,

Cobus Swart

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

That is an interesting question to which I'm afraid I don't have the answer, but I can only encourage you to do a few quick tests. I recall that the conferencing application in the SDK is limited insofar that there's no instance that would mix the streams, so basically only one person can talk at the same time. I would presume that since you can only have one active call, that the phone cannot mix streams either, but that's rather easy to test. IN this forum you'll find a jmf based g.711 streamer that supports wave files.. just set up a few streams, send a few executeitems to your phone to make it listen to these streams, and see what you get.

ckatene
Level 3
Level 3

I have tried this, and in my tests, only one RTPRx works at a time. you will need an app on a separate server that mixes the streams then sends the result to the phone.

C

cobusswart
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the feedback.

It is a pity that it cannot listen to more than one port at a time.

I will have to implement my application in a different way.