cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to visit database in CUCM or get the Reporting data ?

GenesisTAC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I'm a software programmer, and have some low level question request.

recently, I've asked to make a tool to track serival CUCMs status in one monitor, I'm looking for ways to:

1.  remote into CUCM Database.

2.  or any way can get report data that shows in Reporting 

GenesisTAC_0-1662458937653.png

Even though I knew most of those information could be request through AXL API, just perfer to fetch the result they already have first.

Any keywords or tips are very helpful : )

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Access to the CUCM database is arbitrated via the AXL API.  Low-level table/row SQL queries can be accomplished via the AXL <executeSqlQuery> request - the CUCM Data Dictionary will be helpful for this, but note: building/trouble-shooting arbitrary SQL queries is usually outside the scope of support.

However, not every CUCM configuration and status is stored in the database.  While objects and configurations focused on CUCM high-level functions (e.g. call control) are all stored in the DB, many aspects relevant to the CUCM operating system/platform are primarily managed via disk configuration files of component-specific storage, which are not accessible via API.  Some of these platform settings are accessible via the admin web, some only via the CLI, and some are not accessible to the user at all.

The data available in the Cisco Unified Reporting are quite varied, and fall into multiple of the above categories.  Reports like 'Unified CM Lines without Phones' should be readily replicable via AXL, however generating something like all the details in 'Unified CM Database Status' would not be possible AFAIK.  Some of the reports might be partially possible via AXL or other APIs, but might require platform-level knowledge/inferences that are not well documented.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Access to the CUCM database is arbitrated via the AXL API.  Low-level table/row SQL queries can be accomplished via the AXL <executeSqlQuery> request - the CUCM Data Dictionary will be helpful for this, but note: building/trouble-shooting arbitrary SQL queries is usually outside the scope of support.

However, not every CUCM configuration and status is stored in the database.  While objects and configurations focused on CUCM high-level functions (e.g. call control) are all stored in the DB, many aspects relevant to the CUCM operating system/platform are primarily managed via disk configuration files of component-specific storage, which are not accessible via API.  Some of these platform settings are accessible via the admin web, some only via the CLI, and some are not accessible to the user at all.

The data available in the Cisco Unified Reporting are quite varied, and fall into multiple of the above categories.  Reports like 'Unified CM Lines without Phones' should be readily replicable via AXL, however generating something like all the details in 'Unified CM Database Status' would not be possible AFAIK.  Some of the reports might be partially possible via AXL or other APIs, but might require platform-level knowledge/inferences that are not well documented.

thanks, that's a good start to me