Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation of subscriber server

ayram23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a publisher database server in my network up and running. Now we want to install a subscriber server in our network.

I would like to what are the services that i need to activate in publisher server and what are the services that i need to activate in subscriber server?

Regards,

R. Rajaraman.

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At very least, you should turn on Callmanager service and make that your primary call processing server with the publisher as secondary. Leave the tftp on primary.

scottstarost
Level 1
Level 1

For the most part installing the subscriber is pretty self explanatory. You want to make sure that you are installing only 1 subscriber at a time due to the necessity of the DB replication. When we installed our second subscriber we made sure that the version installed was exactly the same as the production versions. I am not sure if this is necessary but it was comforting for us to do it this way. I have pasted below our services that are running on both our publisher and subscriber servers for your reference. These can be found through the serviceability web management interface.

Publisher Service Name Activation Status

NT Service

Cisco Dialed Number Analyzer Activated

Cisco CTL Provider Deactivated

Cisco Serviceability Reporter Activated

Cisco Extended Functions Activated

Cisco CDR Insert Activated

Cisco Database Layer Monitor Activated

Cisco RIS Data Collector Activated

Cisco MOH Audio Translator Activated

Cisco Telephony Call Dispatcher Activated

Cisco CTIManager Activated

Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App Activated

Cisco Messaging Interface Deactivated

Cisco Tftp Activated

Cisco CallManager Activated

Tomcat Web Service

Cisco Extension Mobility Activated

Cisco IP Manager Assistant Deactivated

Cisco WebDialer Activated

Subsciber Service Name Activation Status

NT Service

Cisco CTL Provider Deactivated

Cisco Serviceability Reporter Activated

Cisco Extended Functions Deactivated

Cisco CDR Insert Deactivated

Cisco Database Layer Monitor Activated

Cisco RIS Data Collector Activated

Cisco MOH Audio Translator Deactivated

Cisco Telephony Call Dispatcher Activated

Cisco CTIManager Activated

Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App Activated

Cisco Messaging Interface Deactivated

Cisco Tftp Activated

Cisco CallManager Activated

Tomcat Web Service

Cisco Extension Mobility Deactivated

Cisco IP Manager Assistant Deactivated

Cisco WebDialer Deactivated

Thanx for the reply scott.

I have activated the services similar to that of yours.And after that the subscriber server's database got updated.

But when i remove the publisher from network, my subscriber server is not becoming active. All IP Phones give the message " Opening 10.81.0.1" (Ip address of Publisher server). I have configured subscriber server in CallManager group and the IP phones show my subscriber server as CallManager 2 in Network Configuration option.

Kindly help me in rectifying this problem.

regards,

R. Rajaraman.

Warning. The action below will cause ALL registered devices to reset.

The answer to your question is on the CallManager Group Configuration page (off CCMAdmin web page). Move the secondary subscriber-server to the top.

So when you wrote that you removed the pub from the network, I hope you mean that you were just testing it. The pub maintains the database - the sub has a read-only database.

All ccm servers in the cluster have to be rebooted after adding the secondary server. It worrisome that your phones did not register to the sub server even if it is the second on the list after the pub had been removed from network.