cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Mulitcast MOH supported on H323 gateways?

m-constantine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have seen some posts regarding Multicast MOH on H323 gateways. Does anyone know if this is now supported/working with CM? I know you need to use the ccm-manager music-on-hold command for MGCP gateways to get MMOH to stream to PSTN users. However is the same configuration required for H323 or is there another trick?

Thanks!

Mike

4 Replies 4

bgibson
Level 1
Level 1

Yes it does work. I have it up and running.

You still need to use the ccm-manager music-on-hold command.

Which IOS version are you using? Also is there anything special I need to configure on the Gateway on the CM? I have heard that you may need to tick the enable MTP box...

thanks for your help.

Mike

Just read your cautionary tale about the MTP point. I am guessing that you do not need this ticked afterall for MMOH to work. Would it be possible to see your gateway config (the relevant parts) because I have tried to get MMOH working on an H323 gateway running 12.2(11)T with no success so far.

Thanks

Mike

I am running 12.2.11(T). Not sure what the oldest release that supports MMOH.

DO NOT CLICK THE ENABLE MTP BOX!!!!

It is not necessary. It can also cause SEVERE problems. It basically routes ALL calls going through that gateway to go to the Call Manager first and then to the destination. You will get SEVERE degradation in voice services especially if your CM is over the WAN.

All you need to do on the CM is enable Mulitcast on your MOH Server and and MOH stream.

I just read your post regarding the MTP issue. Thanks for your warning.

Mike